Thursday, March 18, 2010

[Concert Report] 18 March 2010: Jason Castro at Trinoma mall

Hi guys, WG here with my concert/mall show report :)

UPDATE: 1 video added. Internet connection sucks! Video is posted after the jump below.






I arrived at Trinoma just before the soundcheck began. I heard girls scream around the area which clearly meant Jason went onstage already. I was able to take a short clip of the soundcheck.








SOUNDCHECK



can you see Jason?

The spotlights were not yet turned on during the soundcheck. At this point, many of the fans with seat stubs were on queue by the assigned entrances.

This CD booth was set up outside the activity area.





First 100 CD buyers got a CD signing stub. There were still people who bought CDs even if they weren't assured of getting it signed. Fortunately, the record label and the show organizers allowed the non-stub holders to have their CDs signed too.


Not long after the sound check ended, the gates opened and people were finally allowed to sit. My friends and I took our seats in the assigned area and waited.

I found this funny:


spotlight on Jason's face on the huge tarpaulin banner *LOL*


The show started a few minutes after 7PM. I thought there would be more announcements so I wasn't able to turn on my camera right away. Yes, my nerves kicked in so early!

TRINOMA SHOW SETLIST
1. That's What I'm Here For
2. Love Uncompromised
3. It Matters to Me
4. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
5. If I Were You
6. You Can Always Come Home
7. Let's Just Fall In Love Again
8. Hallelujah

I hope I didn't forget any song!

I took mostly videos. Videos are still uploading and it might take long because I chose the HD setting on my camera. The files are pretty huge!

VIDEOS I'll add more as I am able to successfully upload videos.

THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR


In the meantime here are some photos:

IF REPOSTING ELSEWHERE, PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK! Upload to your own image host like Photobucket, Flickr, Imageshack.









Jason sings really well live. I'm really VERY happy. I waited so long to see him! It was only a dream to see him live and if possible in my home country. Never thought it would happen this year.

I also wanted to hear either Heart of Stone or This Heart of Mine. Maybe Jason can change his setlist for the next two shows in Manila?

After the show, the meet and greet (photo op only) and CD signing began. I was able to meet Jason and I don't think I said anything intelligible except for "Hi," and "Thank you." Hahaha! I was too mesmerized!!! I wanted to say something substantial but my brain turned to mush. I'll try again tomorrow.

He's really charming and sweet. I watched him during the meet and greet and every time he faced the next people in line he had a smile on his face already. I've seen many artists perform live at different Ayala Malls and Jason is the only one so far who never seems to stop smiling.

Here are some photos from the meet and greet and CD signing:






nice boots!






My friends and I didn't buy the EP at this show. We'll buy tomorrow (and on Sunday). We watched until the CD signing ended and Jason waved goodbye.

Keep checking back for more photos and videos from the Trinoma show, as well as recaps and more photos from the press conference and the next show at Glorietta Mall :)

3comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

CONTACT

Questions? Comments or suggestions?
You may e-mail us at livemanila[at]
gmail[dot]com

 

LiveManila. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com